Friday 19 January 2007

Good Intentions

Look, right, this was never a new year's resolution to start writing this blog on a daily basis, so the fact that I have been very slack recently does not mean I have typically failed in upholding a resolution within the typical timeframe. (i.e a few days)
The fact that I started it on the first of Jan was just lucky more than anything, and now the fact that I can't seem to manage a daily post just means i'll have to adjust my aim a little bit, I haven't failed at anything!

Anyone see the defensiveness creeping in a little here?

Well, I did intend to write this daily, or at least end up with an equivalent post count (two in a day if I miss a day sort of thing) but it seems I underestimated how busy my life is now, and it turns out there is absolutely no way I can do it.
I am a little disappointed with myself, because a kind of daily diary would have been cool, but then again if it meant having posts like "at work, on lunch, ham and cheese roll is nice, some signs fell down today, i'm off to the pub tonight, gotta run, busy" maybe it's all for the best.

The whole point was that each post would not only interest me if I read back through it, but might keep other people entertained too, so I need a decent amount of time to sit down to write each post, and I really can't find the time in every day.
I'm not losing interest in writing the posts at all, it really is a case of getting a chance to do them. I would like to say it's because I'm such a hard worker and I work every hour in the day, only stopping to sleep for 20minutes when my vision starts to fade, but in all honesty it's because I'm having too much fun going out and enjoying myself.
Hang on, that's a great reason for not being able to post, why am I feeling guilty about it?! (ok, maybe not guilty as such, it's not exactly like I have a 'public' to let down, but I do wish I could do this daily.)

So it looks like for the forseeable future, posts will come at about a 2-3 a week sort of rate, obviously if I can post more I will, but I'll try and make it that many at least.

Thats it for now, strangely enough, i'm off to enjoy myself, so I can't write any more, sort-of-normal service may or may not resume next week. Ta.

No comments: