Monday 8 January 2007

A bet I may regret

Rachel wants to stop smoking, which is fair enough and something I would like her to do too, 'cos I'm a non-smoker but I would never actually nag her to do it. (much)
I would however be willing to give any positive help towards getting her to stop, like rewarding her when she doesn't smoke, or just being generally nice to her when she turns into a nicotine starved psychopath.
Well in the spirit of competitiveness, it has turned into a bet.

In fact it needn't have become a bet at all, but red wine and jack Daniels can make all sorts of things sound like a good idea at the time. It started with Rach and her friend Doug both deciding to quit smoking at the same time, (as of today in fact) and the forfeit for either person smoking again would be to clean the other persons flat for 2 months.
This in itself seems to me like a very good reason never to smoke again, but of course I had to add something to the deal, I would say it is because I want to help Rach stop smoking any way I can but I think the truth is I was a bit pissed and thought it would be a really cool thing to do.

I don't have any vices as such to give up in return for Rachel not smoking ('body' 'temple' and all that), so it has now worked out that if Rachel can stay off the fags for 1 month, I will get a piercing of HER choice.

er, argh.

I don't have any piercings, I'm more of a tattoo kind of person, even though I don't like needles or anything kind of surgical related (how the hell I managed to get a huge tattoo across both shoulders I will never know), and the thought of someone stuffing a big steel spike through me really makes me want to go and get foetal in a dark room somewhere.
So she only has to go 30 days with no cigarettes, and then I have to have a metal bar inserted in my body forever. Damn you Jack Daniels. Well, a deal is a deal I suppose, and I think it is going to be my tongue that gets the stabby treatment, so it could have been a lot worse, and it's not going to be visible unless I spend all my time doing Gene Simmons impressions.

I'll keep you posted on Rachel's non-smoking progress, and keep a countdown going until Piercing day (henceforth to be known as P-Day). I'm not especially looking forward to it, but hey, these things keep life interesting I suppose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love is... getting pierced hehe