Thursday 6 September 2007

Foiled

By my own enthusiasm. Damn.

I've been getting all excited about my blog again, hence the existence of some actual posts for once, mostly due to enviously reading Kitchentable's
page every day and attempting to be even half as prolific, interesting and jaw achingly funny.

So I have been back on my super geeky statistics page thingy which tells me how many people have been viewing me (my page, no voyeurism involved) along with a massive amount of other useless information.
I was really pleased to find out that yesterday I had a whole 7 (that's no typo, just 7, yes I am that unpopular) separate views, which is about 40% up on my usual highest daily views! (40% sounds better than 3)

They love me, they really l- oh, hang on.
I posted twice yesterday, which involves typing in my blog address, and then I looked at my blog to check for any comments, which also involves typing in my blog address. Dammit, there's my three extra hits then.

So the only fact I can glean from my super duper statistics reports is that I am around 40% more obsessed with myself than usual.

Sounds about right.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clive generally has that effect on people I think. You can always make yourself feel better about it by remembering he's old, though!

Talking of making yourself feel better, please remember that stat counters lie. I trust my journalspace one but I know my sitemeter one talks absolute shite. It divides the figure by at least 10 in my experience. So take heart and bear in mind that lots of blog readers just can't be arsed to leave comments. Failing that, take out an ad in your local paper or get a sandwich board made. Didn't I read somewhere that you're a sign writer/maker? The advertising opportunities must be endless! I never believe this "I only write for my own amusement" thing that people trot out. Damn it, we're all attention-whores deep down. :)

Stuart said...

Wow, thanks, Dan.

And, yes, l-q-s, I am old. Do you mean in blogger years, or just anyway.

Do that sneaky marketing thing, where you go and leave nice comments on loads of random or really popular blogs. Folk then come to see who you are.

But really, just keep writing like you do, and readers will come to you.

Anonymous said...

Well, mainly in blogger years, tbh. Don't know of many people (who I read anyway, not that that means much!) who are as... 'seasoned' as you, Clive. :)

Sorry Dan, I must remember to put a link to you back up so all of my, ooh, 2 readers will find it and spread the word. :) I only dropped it because you disappeared for quite a long time!

Stuart said...

'seasoned'. I like that. I like it alot. I will be using it.