Tuesday 28 August 2007

We went to the beach and...

I made a sandcastle!

I don't know why sandcastle-making is generally restricted to young rapscallions and the like, it's great fun!
I think perhaps I was supposed to be embarrassed about being the (considerably) oldest person on the beach trying to make an accurate replica of a medieval stronghold, but I'm far too ignorant to bow to the constraints of modern beach etiquette.
I do have to give half the credit to Climbing Rich who was my assistant architect for the day, he is just as oblivious of acceptable beach behaviour as me, ta Rich.

I reckon our castle was so good, next time I am going to put a hat down and see if I can make back the petrol money.

I wonder if professional sandcastle making is a valid career...





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures just dont do it justice! I shall email you the ones i took (yes, all 40 of them). x

Stuart said...

Ha! That's brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Well said.